The Church is in full preparation now for the conversion to the Roman Missal with the start of Advent in a few weeks. When we went to Church this morning, there was an additional booklet to let us know what the changes are going to be with regards to responses. But, for right now, it is a little hodgepodge of old and new.
I mention this because one of the songs that gets stuck in Riley's head sometimes is the Glory to God.
Glory to God in the Highest
Sing Glory to God
Glory to God in the Highest
And peace to his people on Earth
I hear him sing this sometimes and now, he has gotten Reese to sing it also. But, it is also one of the things that is changing with the Roman Missal. It is bittersweet to me because it is one of the parts of the mass that my children know well, but I know that they will also learn the new one and may like it better.
No comments:
Post a Comment