We discussed before we decided to have children that they would have "R" first names in following with the family tradition that children's names start with the first letter of their father's first name. We added to the tradition and decided that you would have our married initial as your initials so your middle names would start with "P".
When we found out we were having a child, the "R" name ideas started. Some of the names that we threw around were Rio and Rembrandt. We didn't find out what gender you were, but knew that if you were a girl, your name would be Raven Pailin. Daddy and I could not agree on a boy's name until one day Daddy came home from work and said, how about Riley if you were a boy. I agreed, and you had a first name. Now, for a "P" middle name, well, you were born a little early and the night that you were born, Mommy called YaiYai and asked her to think about it overnight. I looked through the baby name books that I brought with me to the hospital and came up with Pierce. When I talked to YaiYai in the morning, she thought of Pierce also so Pierce became your middle name.
When it came to Reese, we went to the hospital knowing that your middle name would be Pailin and that your first name would start with "R". We didn't like Raven anymore, but did not have an alternative. While we were in the delivery room, Daddy said that if you were a girl, he would like for you to be named Reese like the actress Reese Witherspoon. I agreed and when you were born, you were named Reese Pailin. Pailin was a better fit for your September birthday anyway because Pailin means sapphire in Thai and your birthstone is the sapphire.
No comments:
Post a Comment