Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

We usually have family night every two weeks or so.  Most of the time we rent an in Demand movie from our cable company.  Today was a rainy day, and since Riley could not go out and shoot his bow, and both kids were very good when we went shopping for Daddy's clothes and shoes, we had afternoon movie time.

Riley has asked for all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies for Christmas.  I am not sure how I feel about him owning all of them.  The one we just saw was a bit disturbing to me.  The mermaids were evil and scary which is different from the mermaid's portrayal in The Little Mermaid which is also made by Disney.  It was scary and violent to me, and I do realize that the one we just saw has a PG-13 rating.  I know that I am placing my likes and dislikes on you, but part of me feels that it is okay to see once or twice, but I do not want them played continuously like they would be if we owned them.

We'll wait and see what Santa brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment