Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Book Fair

Every year during conference week the school schedules a book fair.  I do like the book fair because it is not a Scholastic Book Fair; it is run by a local company and has quality literature, but with quality literature comes the price you pay.  But, if you look at it from the prespective of you are donating to the school, then it is worth it.

This year is the first year that both of you go to the same school.  You both came home with lists of books that you wanted from your visit to the book fair.  I looked at it and told you that we would go and shop tonight because I had to go in for your conferences anyway.  Last year I had to make a special trip to school on Thursday because I had scheduled Riley's conference earlier in the week.

Since you both wanted a hardbacked book this year, I told you that it would be the keepsake book that I normally get you for Christmas each year.  I try to get you a hardback or pop-up book each year.  Last year I bought Riley's pop-up at the book fair.  So, this year's Christmas books are: for Riley Nurse, Soldier, Spy: The Story of Sarah Edmonds, A Civil War Hero and for Reese Dinosaur vs. The Library.  In addition they each got a paperback book for good grades and behavior in school.  Riley's is a Star Wars The Clone Wars Defenders of the Republic, a graphic novel, and Reese's is Froggy Plays T-Ball.  Riley's books both fit his interests at this time, and I was very happy with Reese's picks because they are not books that have cartoon characters from TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment