When Riley was four or five years old, I tried to get him to make handprint Chirstmas cards. We got through about ten cards before he got bored. I gave up on the project and went with something else.
Reese is five this Christmas, and since she likes to draw and do crafty things so much, I thought that I would get out the stuff and try again. She was all gung ho. On Sunday we did hands in green, red, white, brown, and black. My original intention was to only do green, brown, and white. The other colors were for details. She wanted red hands for stockings and then we had to come up with something for black hands; they will be penguins.
Every night she has pushed me to do these Christmas cards and I usually give in. The white hands were made into Santas (Family Fun Magazine idea), and they are all complete. The green hands are Christmas trees, and she has four left to decorate. Tonight's project is the reindeer (another Family Fun Magazine idea). There were only five brown hands so she is doing all the reindeer tonight.
Once all the hands are complete, we will probably have to do some more because she has so many friends that she wants to give cards to now. If she takes mine, I will not have enough, so we will make more for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment