Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Riley's Friends
This year Riley made a new friend. As is typical with him, it is a girl in his class. He sits next to her in reading/writing class in the afternoon. Today, she told him that she wanted to take a break, and he is just crushed. Riley can get really close to someone really fast and although, he does not tire of them, they sometimes tire of him. This has happened a few times especially with his "girl" friends. He has trouble playing with boys his age because he does not like the games that they play at school. I keep telling him that eventually he will find his niche and find friends that share his common interests. I also tell him that sometimes, he needs to play what other people want to play also; it can't be his choice all the time. I hope that I am right, and his innocence and kindness will be returned by someone who understand him and will want to be his friend forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment