The weather has been in the high 40s and 50s this weekend. It has been mild enough that we have gone outside to play both days this weekend, and Riley has had time to try out the new Genesis bow that he got for his birthday. It is amazing how much the practice between Thanksgiving and Christmas as well as having the right bow has improved his archery abilities. We can set out his target now without the backboard, and he does not miss that often. He can still hit the balloons on the target as they sway in the wind. I told him it is like a moving animal.
As I was reading my AAA magazine, Home and Away, I found out that the Arnold Sports Festival has an archery component. I was going to enter Riley just so he could see what others can do, but the competition is only open to students who are part of Ohio's Archery in the Schools Program. We are part of a program through Columbus Parks and Recreation, but it is not competition based. The program concentrates on learning skills. It is close to home and the archery barn is relatively new and just right for Riley's skill level in Archery right now. Down the road I may have to find him another program if he decides that he wants to compete in Archery.
No comments:
Post a Comment