Monday, January 9, 2012

Reese's Nicknames

Reese has many nicknames.  Sister, Sissy, Reesie (which is how she refers to herself), MooMoo (because of her love of chocolate milk), Tink Tink, and Stinky (because she can up so stubborn in getting her own way).  I am sure I am missing a few, but Stinky is the one that I want to talk about today.  Reese now actually has an understanding of what Stinky means.  She cries now if we call her Stinky and asked not to be called Stinky.  Now, she refers to herself as Stinky if she is not able to do something the right way such as fold paper so that it will fit into the envelope.  When she says it, it sounds so sad.  I pep her up and try very hard to not call her Stinky anymore.  I want her to have a positive image of herself and not have her give up on something because she thinks that she is stinky at it.  If she want to do it, I want her to believe in herself and not think that she will always be stinky!  The other nicknames, she does not mind, and we will continue to use them as terms of endearment, but we need to let this one go so that she can believe in herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment